NEW BEGINNINGS FAMILY LITERACY PROGRAM
Who Can participate?
- Family member(s) in need of Adult High School or GED Programs OR
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) students AND
- Have child(ren) under the age of 5
- Low Income (poverty level)
THE FOUR COMPONENTS:
- Adult Education/ESOL
- * Childhood Education
- Parent Skill Building
- ILA (Interactive Literacy Activities)
Time set aside for parents and children to take part in pre-literacy activities together. Parents acutally learn how to teach their children during work-play activities, fulfilling their role as the child's most important teacher.
Parents and children develop new interaction patterns and often a more positive, supportive relationship.
*Early childhood services are provided for 4-hours per day while parents are in adult education classes or Parent Skill Building class-at no cost to the parent.
For more information on how you can join New Beginnings Family Literacy Program contact Susan Warner at: (386)-437-7533 ext. 4131.
EMPOWER YOURSELF, EMPOWER YOUR FAMILY!